There is a tendency for flight crew members to get flight sick, no matter how used to flying they are. And one of the reasons for this is, flying in the air comes with a certain level of courage.
Most people see flights as being risky, and even being on the airplane almost every time comes with its own risk.
Asides the danger associated with flying, there is a tendency to get exposed to micro-organisms like bacteria and viruses that have an adverse effect on the human body.
For a flight-crew member to remain in action, it is essential they put some tips in place that would help them maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Remain hydrated: It is important for flight crew members to remain hydrated every now and then. This is one of the best ways to avoid being sick while flying. The fact is, flying itself is dehydrating and you need water to make up for this. Someone who is not properly dehydrated might find it difficult to fight off germs.
- Take a supplement for your immune system: Because of the tendency for an individual to get sick during a flight, it is important to take supplements that would boost their immune system.
This is one of the reasons why flight crew members who know what they are doing, rarely fall sick, because they are taking substances that prevent them from doing so. Of course, this should not be done without the prior notice of a healthcare provider.
- Disinfect the surfaces of the plane: Not all parts of the plane are disinfected the way they should be, and this can affect the flight crew members. It is important to clean all the surfaces of the plane properly to prevent people from being infected.
- Relax properly: Flight crew members need to find time to relax, because doing this is one of the best ways to kick against stress.
- Eat vegetables and fruits: Flight crew members need to avoid eating processed foods and junk foods, and eat fruits and vegetables instead.